There are many organizations that provide opportunities for you to share your time, talent and financial resources. They range from local organizations to world-wide. You are encouraged to explore these organizations and find YOUR mission.
If you want to have a resource added to this list or if you determine a link to be in error, please contact David Roderick (email@example.com) or any member of the missions team.
Local Food Pantries
Visit these the site in your community to discover current needs and volunteer opportunities.
Family and Social Services
- Cunningham Childrens Home (Urbana)
- Good Samaritan House (Granite City)
- Lessie Bates Neighborhood House (East St. Louis)
- Mosaic Pregnancy and Health Centers (Granite City)
- Oasis Women’s Center (Alton) (on Facebook only)
- Spero Family Services (Mt. Vernon) (Formerly the United Methodist Children’s Home)
- Our Conference, Our Kids – Illinois Great Rivers Conference initiative that includes several of the above homes.
Summer Lunch Programs
These programs provide lunch during the summer months to school-age children that participate in subsidized lunch programs during the school year.
- Troy Summer Lunch Program (contact David Roderick) – This program was started by the churches in Troy to serve residents of Troy.
- TWIGS (on the web) – This program was started in Granite City and has expanded to include many area communities.
- Bridge Bread (St. Louis)
- United Methodist Church Missions
- Illinois Great Rivers Conference Missions
- Portland Rescue Mission – A good resource for providing help to the homeless.